Full Bore Directional Boring, Inc. specializes in directional boring for many types of products and services. Founded in 2000, Full Bore services Michigan and the Great Lakes Region.
What is Directional Boring?
Directional Boring, also called Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD), is a steerable trenchless method of installing underground pipes, conduits and cables in a shallow arc along a prescribed bore path by using a surface-launched drilling rig, with minimal impact on the surrounding area.
Directional boring is used in place of other techniques for some of the following reasons:
- Less traffic disruption
- Lower cost
- Deeper installation possible
- Longer installation possible
- Shorter completion times
- Directional capabilities
- Less impact to the environment sensitive areas
Directional boring is now the preferred method on many installations due to its low cost and low impact on surroundings. It is generally less expensive than other methods.
Full Bore Directional Boring Pre Qualifications and Memberships:
- MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation)
- MITA (Michigan Infrastructure & Transportation Association
- CAM (Construction Association of Michigan